Who doesn’t love to have a restful and sound sleep? For this, a lot of people follow various ways. Some want to spend money on expensive mattresses. However, a base is fitted below the mattress which carries the weight of the whole mattress and it is also very important. Like the mattress, the base also determines the level of comfort you need when you sleep.
Since box spring bed bases are more common compared to others, many people want to know, “what is a slatted bed base?” Slat means a narrow, thin and flat piece of wood, plastic or metal. A slat bed base is genuinely a base that is formed of slats. Although a slat is thin, a slatted base is durable enough to support the weight of the mattress properly.
If you want to sleep with comfort and pleasure, your sleep system that comprises a base and a mattress is one of the things that matter. The base, as well as the mattress, should equally be good enough. The base having a slat-made structure will definitely make your sleep system perfect enough. And the overall performance of those will be increased if you have any of the best bed frames installed in your bedroom.
Slat Support Bed on this market
|Zinus Mia Modern Studio Wooden Slat Bed Frame|
|Zinus Shalini Upholstered Diamond Stitched Slat Support Bed|
|Zinus Taylan Metal and Slat Support Bed|
|Classic Brands Europa Wood Slat and Metal Platform Bed Frame|
Slatted bed bases are of two kinds
Slatted bed bases are of two kinds. They are
Sprung Slat Bed Base
Generally, spring slatted-bed bases are composed of curved pieces of beech wood. From an objective point of view, they are more flexible and comfortable to sleep on. Besides, they give more longevity to your bed mattress by releasing pressure from it. Overall, they ensure better sleeping conditions though they are hard to set up.
Fixed or Solid Slat Bed Base
Fixed slatted bed bases are ideal for those who like a firmer bed. These slats are made from sturdy and solid pine wood which makes it a very firm base. It is very supportive of the mattress as well. This type of bases is mostly seen in Asian region.
Benefits of Adjustable Slatted Bed
There are many benefits of an adjustable slat bed base. They are:
- Since a slatted bed base can easily bear the pressure exerted on it by the mattress, it is ideal to support you in an expected way. Thus the combination of the base and the mattress is very suitable for people who are suffering from musculoskeletal pain.
- Slatted bases offer you an option to customize the sleep setup. Thus you can adjust the slats according to your personal preference.
- For healthy blood flow, one should use a slatted base bed because it has got natural flexibility.
- To keep your bed fresh and free from fungus, this bed base would be a great choice because it lets air pass freely underneath your bed and there is no obstacle.
- With slatted bases, the internal temperature and humidity of your bed cannot go up excessively. It helps resist the rapid growth of bacteria and mites. This is how your bed can remain hygienic too.
- It’s made of natural beech or pine wood.
- It’s available at a cheaper price compared to other types.
- Since slats are lightweight, they can be shifted to one place from another with ease. They are also available in a range of sizes and shapes. Besides, slats give you more durability as well.
Why Do You Need a Slatted Base?
Slat beds are beds that support a mattress with a series of wooden slats rather than through the use of separate box springs. They work efficiently for your body as well as the mattress and thus your body gets maximum support and comfort as long as you lie on the bed. On the other hand, hardboard plates have almost no flexibility and for this, you cannot get any extra comfort.
Moreover, slatted bases have a hollow structure that provides good airflow to your mattress. As opposed to it, hardboard plates obstruct the ventilation to your mattress because they provide no gaps in the hold like slatted bases. Furthermore, slatted bases are more cost-effective than box springs and so it can be an “economic” choice to many.
Are Slatted Comfortable?
Slatted bases do not only provide various health benefits, but they are also amazing to offer the utmost comfort feeling when sleeping. It is vital to set the base ideally on the bed frames to attain the maximum soothe.
A mattress could be more efficient when it is placed on a good slat bed base. It helps to hold your body weight in a friendlier manner. Moreover, it supports the body what it needs actually. Overall, it allows you to enjoy the most comfortable sleep anytime you want.
Not only mattresses but also bases of your bed play an important role in ensuring a comfortable and cozy sleep. Slatted bases provide enough comfort and flexibility at a low cost.
However, while purchasing slatted bases, you should also consider the quality of slats. Because slats with poor quality may be available at a cheaper price but they aren’t likely to provide you with all the features you expect.